Self-Assign Tasks to Yourself from a Queue
View Tasks that you can self-service yourself to completion.
In some business situations it is beneficial to assign yourself Tasks. For example, a team of Support agents that answer customer questions for a product or service can provide faster customer service by self-assigning Tasks from a queue: the next available Support agent views the queue of self-service Tasks, and then assigns one to himself. After self-assigning a Task, that Task is no longer in the queue of self-assignable Tasks; the self-assignee must complete that Task to completion or reassign that Task to another user if option is available for that Task.
If a self-assigned Task is then reassigned to another user, that Task no longer can be self-assigned.
Follow these steps to view the queue of self-service Tasks from which to assign to yourself:
- 2.Click the Tasks option from the top menu. The To Do Tasks page displays.
- 3.Click the Self Service iconfrom the left sidebar. The queue of self-service Tasks displays.
- 4.Click the Claim Task button to self-assign this Task. This Task moves from the Self Service page to your To Do Tasks page, and its status changes to In Progress.
"Self Service" Task page displays Tasks that you can assign to yourself
The Self Service Task page displays the following information in tabular format about all your completed Tasks:
- Task: The Task column displays the name of the Task. Click the Task name, and then click the Claim Task button to self-assign that Task.
- Status: The Status column displays the status of the Task. Since all Tasks in the Self Service page are Tasks that may be self-assigned, all Tasks display with the Self Service status, represented by theicon.
- Assignee: The Assignee column in other Task-related pages displays the user assigned a Task. Since all Tasks in the Self Service page are Tasks that have not been self-assigned, the Assignee column displays no information.
- Due: The Due column displays the date you completed was due. If n/a displays, then no due date was set to the Task. The time zone setting to display the time is according to the ProcessMaker Platform instance unless your user profile's Time zone setting is specified.
- From the Task column, click the Task name that you want to view, and then click the Claim Task button.
- Click the Open Task iconfor the Task name that you want to view, and then click the Claim Task button.
- From the Request column, click the Request for the completed Task.
- Click the Open Request iconfor the Request associated with the Task.
Use Request data to search for Tasks on this page based on the following criteria:
- Request: Search using one or more Requests based on the Process names associated with the Request(s).
- Task: Search using one or more Task names as part of your search criteria.
- Status: Search using one or more of the following Task statuses:
- In progress: Include Tasks that are assigned to you which are in progress or not started as part of your search criteria.
- Completed: Include Tasks that are you have completed as part of your search criteria.
- Self service: Include Tasks that you can assign to yourself, but have not yet been assigned.
If the Saved Searches package is not installed, the Save Search button is not available.
If you have Tasks in the To Do Tasks page, a message displays above your completed Tasks how many overdue Tasks you have.
Click the To Do icon
in the left sidebar to view which of your assigned Tasks are overdue.
If there are no self service Tasks assigned to your group, the following message displays: No Results.
Last modified 3mo ago