Create a New Collection
Create a new Collection into which to add records.
- Create a record: Have available a Form-type Screen to create a record in the Collection. Ensure that this Screen contains all the appropriate Screen controls required for authorized Collection stakeholders to create a complete record.
- Edit a record: Either use the same Screen that creates a record, or have available a second Form-type Screen to edit any record in the Collection. Ensure that this Screen contains all the appropriate Screen controls for authorized Collection stakeholders to edit or update particular content of a record in the Collection. In many cases, the controls to create a record may be identical to those to edit a record. If you want to use a second Screen, optionally make a copy of the Screen intended to create a record, and then make changes to it without needing to design a new Screen.
- View a record: Have available a Display-type Screen to view any record in the Collection. This Screen may serve two purposes:
- Provide a read-only view of a complete record: This allows authorized Collection stakeholders to view complete contents of any record in the Collection, but not edit or update it.
- Limit the information displayed in a record: This allows authorized Collection stakeholders to view limited content of any record in the Collection to comply with specific legal or privacy requirements.
Ensure these Screens are available before creating a new Collection. You are not required to have the controls in these Screens finalized, as you or an authorized designer may change these Screens at any time. Doing so updates all records within that Collection automatically.
Your user account or group membership must have the following permissions to create a Collection unless your user account has the Make this user a Super Admin setting selected:
- Collections: Create Collections
- Collections: View Collections
Follow these steps to create a Collection:
- 2.Click the +Collection button. The Create Collection screen displays.
- 3.In the Name setting, enter the name of the Collection. This name must be unique from all other Collections. This is a required setting.
- 4.In the Description setting, enter the description of the Collection. This is a required setting.
- 6.From the View Screen drop-down menu, select the Screen from which to view records in this Collection. Use this Screen to only display all or parts of a record in the Collection. For example, the Screen selected from the View Screen drop-down menu may be designed to not display sensitive information that all Collection stakeholders should have access. This must be a Display-type Screen. This is a required setting.
- 7.From the Edit Screen drop-down menu, select the Screen from which to edit or update records in this Collection. This can be the same or a different Screen as selected from the Create Screen drop-down menu. This is a required setting.
Last modified 2mo ago