Example: Signal Design With Webhooks
Follow an example how to use a Signal Start Event element in the Process Modeler using a Signal with a webhook.
Intended audience: Process designers, Web designers, graphic designers, software developers, coding engineers
Tags: Signal Manager; Process Modeler, Signal Start Event; Screen design
The following example demonstrates signals: how a Process uses a Signal Start Event with a Webhook Signal collection. This example demonstrates that external thirdparties are available to configure in a Webhook Signal. For this example, the external thirdparty to use is Docparser. Docparser send the signal and the payload request.
Follow these steps to use a Webhook Signal in a Process:
- 2.Enable the webhook access for the created signal with the default values:
- In the Accepted Form Fields without fields.
- In the Accepted Method, the POST option selected.
- In the Authentication, the None option selected.
- In the Restrict Access From, without URLs.
- 3.In the Webhook URL, click Copy to Clipboard to copy the URL to use it in the external third-party app.
- 4.Click Save to save the signal webhook configuration.
- 5.Configure the Docparser account to use the webhook URL. This configuration depends on the third-party app and its version. For Docparser, it is configured in the Integrations section as follows:
- In the Name setting, enter the webhook name.
- In the Payload format setting, select the JSON format.
- In the Target URL setting, copy the ProcessMaker Platform's Webhook URL .
- In the Include Fields setting, select the fields that Docparser is going to send to ProcessMaker Platform.
- 7.Configure the Signal Start Event to broadcast the external Docparser signal as follows:
- In the Name setting, enter the Signal Start Event name, which is Webhook sent from DocParser.
- In the Signal setting, select the signal created in step 1.
- In the Request Variable setting, enter the variable name that store the payload data. For this example, it is payload.
- 8.Use the JSON data from the payload request variable in your Screens as follows:The Variable Name setting of a control setting calls the Signal payload by calling the JSON object as payload.bol. In this example, bol is the object called.
- 9.Configure your Process elements and Screens as necessary.
Last modified 3mo ago